The results are in! And they’re awesome!
Last week, I drew these cards: 5 of spades, 8 of hearts, and the 5 of diamonds. That meant the genre was science fiction, the setting was a castle, and an object that must appear in the story was a tea or coffee press.
If you watched my video, you saw me laughing at this card draw. Spoiler alert for the rest of the year: I’m notoriously unlucky at cards. But my fellow authors came through nevertheless and delivered great pieces!
- ’Nathan Burgoine (who ran the flash fiction draw in 2018) wrote Proof of Concept
- Jamieson Wolf wrote Small Rituals
- E.H. Timms wrote Time to Sleep
- Jeffrey Ricker wrote Sentinel
- Jeff Baker wrote Tea and Enmity
- Bruce Gordon (no relation…cough) wrote The Dromedarian
- and lil’ ol me wrote Pressing On
Thanks to everyone who played with words! I think we’re going to have fun this year.
The next draw is on February 3, 2020! Your guess is as good as mine as to what it’ll be. Hold onto your hats, folks!
Hope you can join us in February! (But noooooo pressure.)
Cait Gordon is a disability advocate and the author of Life in the ’Cosm and The Stealth Lovers. When she’s not writing, Cait’s editing manuscripts and running The Spoonie Authors Network, a blog whose contributors manage disabilities and/or chronic conditions. She also teamed up with Kohenet Talia C. Johnson to co-edit the Nothing Without Us anthology in an attempt to take over the world. Narf.