Thanks to Canadian speculative fiction and romance author ’Nathan Burgoine and his Flash Fiction Challenge Draw back in 2018, I learned how to write stories at 1000 words max! Here are some short works I’ve done for fun over the years.
By the way, learning to write flash fiction led me to my first microfiction piece, With My Kind, which appears in AE Science Fiction’s STARGAZERS: Microtales from the Cosmos!
Mini-fiction Mondays! (From January 2023–)
I decided to publish short works of microfiction or teeny flash fiction on Mondays!
- Deliver Me From This Pandemic Hell (genre: realistic fiction)
- We Together (genre: fantasy)
Flash Fiction Challenge 2021
Here are the entries I submitted for this monthly challenge!
Flash Fiction Challenge 2020
I curated ’Nathan’s challenge draw in 2020. Here are my entries and monthly results, which include works from other awesome authors!
- Flash Fiction Challenge: November’s and December’s Results
- Ooo-la-ahhh (Flash Fiction)
- Better to Believe… Fewer Mutants That Way
- Flash Fiction Challenge: October’s Results
- Showdown Over the Somewhat-Okay Corral (Flash Fiction)
- Flash Fiction Challenge: September’s Results
- Troping the Light Fantastic (Flash Fiction)
- Flash Fiction Challenge: July’s and August’s Results
- A Brick in the Bug
- Flash Fiction Challenge: June Results
- Flash Fiction Challenge: May Results
- Ripping Through
- Flash Fiction Challenge: April Results
- You feeling lucky, ’Punk?
- Flash Fiction Challenge: March Results
- The Trim Reaper
- 2020 Flash Fiction Challenge: February Results
- A Quest in the Dark
- 2020 Flash Fiction Challenge: January Results
- Pressing On
Flash Fiction Challenge 2018
Here are the entries I submitted for this challenge.
- Broom Chicka-Wow-Wow
- Crossing My Path
- When There’s a Ghost of a Chance
- I suck at Mystery. Dam it.
- The Ale-ing Brothers
- Ye Filthy Rat
- I Won’t Fogget About You
- An Immoral Compass
- Truth Be Told
Photo by Martinus on Pexels.com